You’ve been growing your list. You’ve come up with a great subject line. Now it’s time to pay attention to the way you format your email.
Follow these tips to make sure your email gets read.
- Short is better than long. Sending shorter, more frequent, emails is more effective than sending longer, less frequent ones.
- Don’t try to promote everything you do or sell in a single email.
- Try to get your point across in the first 5 seconds.
- Use your email content to send the recipient to your website.
- Make it scannable – use blocks, headings, subheadings and bulleted lists
- Optimize for mobile: Two-thirds all emails are opened on a smartphone or tablet. Use a simple, one-column format with big, tap-able buttons. Don’t use sidebars (Include extra information in a footer instead)
- Study the emails you get in your inbox and critique them for inspiration.
P.S. A p.s. at the end of your email will get noticed! Make it a call to action.
Need help with your email marketing? Contact me for a free consultation.